We require workers for majority of Citrus picking and also some Vineyard work (paid hourly) on our properties in Waikerie SA 5330
We also have accommodation available in self contained houses (not hostels) with max 2 people per room
Our business is not contracting so you work for us, stay on farm (car not required) and are paid and managed directly by us.
Our properties are in very good condition with wages easily achieved due to the high level of our plantings.
YOU MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT & EFFICIENT WORKERS,
AND CAPABLE OF WORKING IN AN OUTDOORS ENVIRONMENT.
• Citrus picking a priority, other farm work secondary including:
• Citrus and Vine Pruning, Vine post repairs, Irrigation repairs, Manual labour pest management.
Type of employment, expected hours and the main benefits of the job:
• Temporary casual employment up to 38 hours per week
• Standard hours generally 7:00am to 4:00pm, Sunday to Thursday but can vary.
• Orange Piece Rate $40/bin, Block hand $24.79/hr + Super.
Yes we pay piece rate for orange picking as the workers who put the effort in, reap the rewards
Why should those who try to manipulate the system be paid the same as those who work and do the right thing.
The benefits of piece rate is you work at your pace with no pressure to achieve a set outcome expected.
• Visa Verifications for 88 days available.
• Qualify for 15% backpacker tax. (No ABN’s)
• Accommodation $150 per week per person for shared rooms, $180 per week for single room if applicable
This includes utilities, cleaning, Free WIFI, laundry, kitchen, bathroom all in your own house with no travelling costs per day and safety and picking gear supplied.
• 5 minutes’ drive from main town, free bus depot pick up if required, own transport or license not necessary.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
• Must have a current Australian Working Visa, Tax File Number (or applied for one) & Super Account
• Good english speaking skills to be able understand and follow instructions for safety reasons
• Past farm experience preferred, or some other physical job experience required.
Successful applicants must:
• require work for a minimum period of one month
• be physically fit and efficient to handle physical work at a consistently good pace.
• Eventually pick a minimum of 3 full bins of oranges per day each.